Thursday, November 01, 2007

NaNoWriMo

Nano-what-o?
Nah No Wry Moe. (some say Nah No Ree Moe too)
National Novel Writing Month!

That's right, starting today (well.. tomorrow since I'm a horrible slacker) it's novel writing time. About what you ask? I have NO IDEA.
Yup. Nov 1 to 11:59PM Nov 30th... 50,000 words. No plan. No notes (mostly). And no eye to make the content worthy beyond quantity. But then again... that's the whole goal.

I suspect I will write about what I know... the life and times of a geek. Mind you this will be fiction, so any reference, resemblance, names, places, etc are PURELY fictional. So if there is a JamesF in the story, it is NOT *this* JamesF. If this goes horribly, then I blame Nadra! Since it was her idea anyway. If it goes well... I still blame her, but I will take partial credit on the success. ;-)

I may or may not post excerpts from the work in progress. If you see random bits of prose that seem to have zero meaning (aside from the usual posts), that's probably novel drivel. In the meantime, I'm off to get at least a paragraph in....I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home