Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Stones and Ivy

Have some images that I had meant to blog about, but never got around to it. Well... I can't say never anymore I suppose.

Back at the beginning of August, some of da wife's family came to town, and we took a day to go out to Arlington National Cemetery. It was a VERY hot day, but we all had a good time despite the heat. (I was just happy to get sushi for lunch at the old post office down town!) While we toured the cemetery I did snap a few shots, I'm only going to share 1 though. (I'm not JamesF for heaven's sake!)

We did manage to make it to the tomb of the unknown soldier in time to catch the last bit of the changing of the guards. Maybe it's just my years in military school, but I've always been VERY impressed with the discipline of those soldiers. NOT and easy job by any stretch of the imagination. All in all, a good time was had by all.

On a completely unrelated note....
While da wife was mowing the grass she came across a suspicious vine. I believe it may be of a poisonous variety, and since she reacts I forbade her from touching it. (Of course that didn't stop her from taking a picture of it, or running into it with the wheels of the mower...) Any of you botany types wanna have a butcher's at it?


To me it certainly has the hallmarks of poison ivy
(a variant) or perhaps Virginia Creeper? I dunno. I'm the
computer/security guy for a reason...

Cheers

2 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, Blogger bahnsidthe said...

PI

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Scott said...

That's definitely Poison Ivy. Virginia Creeper has five leaves (although young shoots will have three that fool you for a while). But that is not a young shoot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home