Sunday, September 09, 2007

Just a walk in the park

It was a nice enough day, that we decided to head out to the park nearby and have some pack time. I even brought the camera this time to try my hand at some of the macro shots that JamesF (and others) have done. I don't fool myself into thinking I'm in remotely the same category, but I like these two.



After swinging around the back side of the park, we came across an answer to a question I had earlier for da wife.


What's that sign on the ground you say? Well I lifted it up, and to my disappointment saw the following:



I don't know whether they ran out of funding, or it's hung up on some other motion, measure, legislation, or whatever, but it has certainly stalled. About a year ago we were excited to see that they were adding a dog park, but no joy. At least they haven't used the space for something else yet.

We then came across another sign to cause dismay.

Now... I don't blame them for closing down the baseball fields to dogs. I don't like it, but I can't blame them. As with most other places where k9 access becomes limited it's due to a few "bad humans". Owners that for whatever reason (I suspect self-entitlement or simple laziness) refuse to pick up the refuse. Doggie dirt, puppy landmines, the poop, the logs, and anything else you wanna call that crap. To me it is inexcusable. If you wanna leave it in your own yard, that's one thing, but if you take your dog ANYWHERE public, it is your responsibility. Period. Fine or no fine. So because of a few scofflaws, my dog doesn't get to run free and happy (near the home).
She's still a happy dog, but this kind of behavior is just so common now across all topics, you would think, at some point, I would become immune. Nope! I'm too stubborn to ever just accept rude, selfish, self-entitled, and lazy behavior as "OK". I got over my frustration there, and returned to play with my pack. Of course that didn't stop our little one from enjoying the park. Indeed when she'd had enough of the heat and sunshine, she made a beeline for the only spot of shade she could find nearby.
And no room for me or da wife!!

We finished up our tour, and headed back to the dogmobile to go home. It's easily identifiable by its tags:


And that tells you which votes won the plate contest of Spring.
;-)

1 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger swtrble said...

So good to see you writing again. I always enjoy getting my daily dose of Ken. Keep it up please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home