Friday, October 12, 2007

Chili today

No not the weather, although it is getting colder outside, I meant dinner! Da Wife surprised me with a homemade white chicken chili. It was superb, and I'm a bit particular on my chili in general, and VERY particular on my chicken chili (maybe it was all those years growing up in Texas). It wasn't surprising that it was good, all her cooking is very tasty and she even makes better turkey tacos than I do. It's that she's never made chili of any kind, and to me, chicken chili is a bigger challenge. I look forward to every "leftover" bowl that I'll be able to scrape out of the crock pot! Hopefully some will even make it to lunch on Monday, but not likely. *grin*

Clearly the gauntlet has been thrown for this season of cool weather cooking. Perhaps it's time for another batch of Ken's Chile con Queso, a spicy batch of my red chili, and maybe even a batch of sausage and lentil soup. These all require the appropriate side dishes as well, such as homemade molassas cornbread, homemade bread/rolls, and maybe even some chicken chipotle lime quesadillas. Oh it is ON!


In other news, I recently celebrated 4 years of marriage (where does the time go??), and while we didn't go to Don Pablo's like we did back then, we did have a fun picnic luncheon where we got married. In the very impressive and scenic Great Falls Park. Da Wife had a great post with pictures from the trip. Looking forward to many more years! (just in case she's reading... *grin*)

1 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger bahnsidthe said...

Mazeltov!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home