Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New year

Happy New Year. May everyone's 2009 be safe, fruitful, and fun. Course 2 outta 3 ain't bad either. A great number of things happened this year both happy and sad, and I look forward to the coming year.

In other overdue news...
Results from the previous work-related "Biggest Loser" contest, our team came in first place (though I think I was only third within our group - go DON!) and I managed to lose 21 pounds so I'm happy. I'm even happier that it was 21 pounds over 3 birthdays in the house, Thanksgiving, office parties, and the start of the Christmas cookie season. While I am still not at my final goal, it certainly feels like I'm on the right path, and with Da Wife helping out it's been decently smooth sailing.

Also the new position is working out very well. I am again busy, and currently working on scripts again. It is great to be working on problems and solutions again, I hadn't realized exactly how much I'd missed it until now. Sadly my new co-workers have discovered that pun wars are a favorite of mine with the worse the pun the more the fun. Fortunately, they dish it out pretty well too. That combined with the "pooping penguin" (seen below in packaging) on my desk make for a fun environment.


I expect most of the coming year will be filled with me learning as much as I can to reach to the goals I've set for myself at work. As geeky as I am, I still have a lot to absorb.

Have a great new year, one and all.

3 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felcitous Hogmanay, Mr G

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger JamesF said...

Happy New Year!

We still have the pooping moose you gave me a while back.

And yes, once Catherine is older I will continue to show her this (or maybe I can bribe her to do what I say or I'll show it to her friends when she's a teenager). :-)

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

I suggest editing this post and changing 2009's to 2010's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home