Sunday, November 30, 2008

What is wrong with people?

Not necessarily a "Blog O' Scorn" post, but some days I just don't know where we're headed as a species.

Friday was black Friday, a massive early morning rush for slightly better than average deals, and the start of the holiday shopping season. I mean, the time of year when people, in the mission of bringing good cheer to others, become worse than animals to each other over such things as parking spaces and place in line. I love the holidays, but I hate what it seems to bring out in so many people. This year it reached a new level for me. I read in shock about the trampling death at a Staten Island, NY Wal-Mart and then later listened to reports of the men shooting each other after the women they were with got into a fight in Toys R' Us in southern California. And after doing a quick search there was apparently a man that hit a 15 year-old girl in the throat in Rapid City.

Yep... Happy Holidays. Fighting, Shooting, Trampling. That certainly sounds like peace and enlightenment to me. How can a person's priorities get so skewed that $100 off a TV is worth trampling someone? This year all I'm wishing for is that we as a species wake up.

1 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger JamesF said...

Couldn't agree more. Although I had heard the TRU shooting might have been gang related. Seriously though, what type of person brings a handgun into a toy store? Even worse I suppose would be what type of person actually uses a handgun in a toy store. I just can't comprehend it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home