Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Hello Deer

No, not a typo. Deer. As in doe. Although in this case more like D'OH! A DEER! *brakes* *thump* *foul language* *stops car*
At least that's how I envision it when I heard that da wife had had a close encounter of the herd kind. Everyone (except the deer) is ok, well... and her vehicle. Though the vehicle suffered mostly a smashed bumper. Once she got home and I looked over her ride I noticed a small problem... the license plate was gone! So it looks like we may have to go out and reconnoiter the area to find the plate, and be able to give a better approximate location if there is a carcass to pick up.

Yes I make fun, but da wife is more upset about hitting the deer than the damage to her vehicle. But the annoyance at having to have the vehicle fixed is up there. ;-)

So take this as a public service announcement. It's fall again, so if you commute or drive anywhere near trees and wildlife... slow down and keep your eyes open. And DON'T swerve, most of the bad accidents happen to people trying to avoid the animals. Here's what FFX County says about it. Though I think this site is a bit more informative.

2 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

Pictures! We need pictures of the damage. Although it doesn't sound that bad (I was envisioning something like this).

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger bahnsidthe said...

First, glad your da wife is ok.

Comment of scorn (wink wink):
Looks like Dogfather is making up for being behind by writing to his blog instead :-) This will give him plausible deniability - "Hey, I am behind but my blog is up to date."

BIG HINT- describe the tent et al as if in a blog o' scorn. It will add words for you automagically.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home