Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Something new

Now, normally on a Tuesday, I'd go off on how this person was a bad driver, or the appalling parental skills of people today, or even how the entitlement of this person or the self-absorbed-ness of that person was just too much. But today is not a normal Tuesday. Today I have a compatriot at arms in the modern day world of blog ranting. I have added her link to the persistent list at the right. I'm sorry JamesF, but in your immortal words, "Ka-Chunk!" I've mentioned this talented young lady several times before (usually anything regarding cakes/pastries or a doggy godmother), and now she has her own voice in the ether.

I'm amused since, I was just today considering a "group" blog (akin to the Strangers Among Us photo blog contributed to by some neat folks) that would use the title that Scott and James sometimes refer to ~my~ blog as. That would be the, "Blog O' Scorn"! A community contributed blog that would have entries whenever we wanted to blow off steam, but not necessarily drag our blogs through an anger cesspool. I've not ruled it out, so if you think you'd like to contribute to said blog, let me know. Especially since the "left our place of employment" blog... is floundering. I haven't given up on it yet, and if you would like to post to THAT blog, let me know (but you must meet the requirements!!)

I'm always amazed at the things Kim can do with pastries and sugar. I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with my insatiable sweet tooth. Some of my favorites:

The pink converse (ation piece)


I think this was one of her finals at chef school


The confection and sugar pulling has always fascinated me. I can't even do this stuff with clay, let alone burning hot sugar stuffs.



I wonder if she'll ever do a "baked nativity"?

3 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

As far as the "Ka-chunk", I'm used to it. My theory now is at some point it'll have to end because I won't be able to go any further.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Chef KJ said...

I don't know whether to be flattered or embarrassed...maybe a little of both. Thank you Ken!

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger bahnsidthe said...

As someone who sees kgg nearly daily, and who shares his craving for sweets, I hope to enjoy some leftovers one day :-)

Yes, I have bullied him into sharing treats recently that have been described on his blog. Who says posting is bad -- ahahahahahaaa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home