Thursday, November 02, 2006

Clara moves on

As reported on JamesF's blog my good friend Clara has moved on to other opportunities.  Congratulations Clara, and to everyone else, I'm sorry that you've lost a talented and hard worker.  (She's funny too, but don't make her mad!)  I hope James can find a way to muddle through, since this leaves him with 2 (I think) employees working on his section of the org chart.  Clara, sorry I wasn't at the send off (must've been that whole wife's bday thing... *grin*) perhaps we can go to dinner?  I'm sure the folks you leave behind will miss you as much as I have the past few months.  (yes I've missed the rest of you too!  Geez!  Tough crowd!)  Anyways... Good Luck mini-C!
 
In other news Boris had another seizure, as documented by da wife.  Poor guy, hasn't he been through enough?  He's a trooper though.  Hopefully we'll have answers soon.
 
And in yet other news:
The cafe at our new office building ~finally~ opened today.  They offered free coffee (I had southern pecan, quite tasty), and seem to have a decent, albeit limited, menu.  The staff are certainly friendly and flexible, at least so far.  That may change given some of the attitudes of "cow orkers" that I saw.  I'm convinced some people are just not happy - period.  There's the glass is half-full people, the half-empty people, the "clearly the volume of the container is in excess of required dimensions by a factor of 2" engineer types, and apparently the "doesn't matter whether it's half-full or empty, it probably tastes like crap anyway" folks.  I know I'm cynical and bitter sometimes, but sheesh, these peeps need to take a step back and chill out.  When you ONLY focus on the negative aspects of things, the negative is all you see, and you start to lose the ability to enjoy anything at all.  So next time you come across the simple magic of day to day life, stop and enjoy it.  Watch that sunset, smell that proverbial rose, or look into the eyes of a contented pet.  Savor the good things otherwise, what's the point of being here?

1 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger bahnsidthe said...

Maybe you and Clara should play dominos ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home