Sunday, November 05, 2006

Anniversary - a walk in the park

Ok this time it really was a walk in the park, only it was a slightly delayed anniversary tour. After just about filling up the camera's memory card we managed to get just a few group pictures, and a few shots of the "view".



A very goodly amount of water flowing to get an idea of the rapids, but still enough rock showing to present a nice mix. The guy below had me watching him for a few minutes.

It was a nice day (enough for shorts and a jacket), but I wouldn't want to be waterlogged. I can only imagine how chilly that must've been. I was surprised to find two women talking on a bench, and one of them had earmuffs on. I mean... come on, it's not ~that~ cold yet.

I was surprised on several occasions of people (both kids and adults) almost purposefully walking thru the camera shots while I was trying to take pictures. Now, this wasn't the panoramic everyone wants the shot type photo. I had a tripod setup, and was using a timer to run around and get in close with da wife and the k9s. It was VERY obvious that I was trying to take pictures, AND we had gotten ourselves waaay off the path in an attempt to keep traffic down. It literally seemed like people went out of their way to walk behind us in the 2 foot wide section between us and a fence. Sheesh! Don't get me started on the 2 kids that just stood there in view whilst their parents stood 35 feet away on the path repeatedly saying "come on" "come on" "come on". Ok before JamesF calls this the blog o'scourn again I'll move on.

For those interested (albeit the like 2 of you), these were pictures from the same site as the wedding in Great Falls National Park. They have however revamped several of the overlook points. Don't get me wrong, they look fantastic, and have more room to spread out, and even seem to be a big safer, but they seem to be much more artificial then they used to be. Ah well... anything to avoid lawsuits I suppose. At least they were open this time, not like the first year we tried to go back for our anniversary and the overlooks were closed! All in all a good time was had by all this year, and the dogs sure were quiet on the ride home.
*grin*

3 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger bahnsidthe said...

Sounds nice. :-)

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

Scott is the one that termed this the Blog of Scorn, not I. I don't see how your's is any worse than mine. I go off on stuff all the time.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Yeah, I think I did coin it the "Blog of Scorn" first, but I can't find the link to the original post.

Anyhow, you both begin to sound like a couple of old coots in rocking chairs after too long. :-)

But then, if I didn't like that, I wouldn't keep reading every single day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home