Tuesday, November 07, 2006

To Brown, with love

Stronger than mountains
Spirit of the field and wood
Run free in the sky


With a saddened heart I sit to write this entry. I've lost the kindest soul I'd ever known today. He taught me many things, how to enjoy the simple things, how to face difficulty with your chin up, and he showed me how to give all of yourself in something expecting nothing in return. It's true what they say, you can never love your dog as much as they love you. We as people just aren't capable of that kind of freedom. Too many things get in the way. I don't know enough to know what truths lie beyond this level of existence, I only hope that he finds the freedom and unabashed joy he so rightly deserves. I feel like I let him down, this dog. Like I couldn't protect him from the things he needed protection from. I did the best I could, and I hope at the very least that I brought him happiness in his much too short time with us. They are never here long enough for our purposes. So I wish you fair journey, Boris, and wherever you may be now may it be a place of beauty.

When I think of you, or when I feel like I've had enough, all I have to do is watch this to remind me that it's time to take a breath, suck it up, and keep pressing on. Thank you for that.




I miss you.

5 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger bahnsidthe said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our hearts go out to you and Lidia. I'll miss Boris, even though he scared me.

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There never was a sweeter soul.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Buddy Tignor said...

You have my complete sympathy. I have had 6 dogs in my life since I was 5-years-old and lost four along the way.

They reach into a special place in your chest and stay there for good. They are like children that never grow up.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger TheDoberwoman said...

Your Haiku captures the essence of Boris beautifully. Thank you, honey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home