Friday, August 25, 2006

50 posts?

Wow, I can't believe it's already been 50 posts. I blame JamesF personally. Since he's such a dedicated and (almost) obsessive poster, and is the one that got me started in the first place. Although I think it was the brick that really sold me. He's got such a solid reputation, he's a stand up citizen, and the foundation for a lot of posts (we're still talking about the brick, btw). How can someone so square be soooo cool? But after digging through my albums (ok ok, they're CDs I only own like 2 actual records anymore) to get the Barry White music for James and brick, I decided to finish up an old "honey-do" item. So DJ KennyG whipped out his... uh... discs and composed another mix cd. This one is titled "Spite & Malice". I'm still looking for cover art, I'm thinking a slightly worn work/combat boot crushing a soft and fuzzy pink bunny, but I'd settle for other submissions if anyone has something they'd like to share (the winning cover art gets their own signe limited edition DJ KennyG cd of "Spite & Malice") that fits the mood of the title.

For a feeling of the sounds, here's the tracks:
01. Awakening - The Damning Well 256
02. Rock Is Dead - Marilyn Manson 191
03. Bad Blood - Ministry 301
04. Leave You Far Behind - Lunatic Calm 194
05. Dragula (Remix) - Rob Zombie 277
06. Du Hast - Rammstein 235
07. Wake Up - Rage Against the Machine 364
08. Suffocate - Staind 197
09. Control - Puddle of Mudd 231
10. Last Resort - Papa Roach 200
11. Head Like A Hole - Nine Inch Nails 300
12. Enter Sandman - Metallica 332
13. Bodies (Vrenna xXx Mix) - Drowning Pool 202
14. Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit 167
15. It's On! - Korn 269
16. Down With The Sickness - Disturbed 279
17. Bartender - (Hed)P.E. 242
18. Bad Magick - Godsmack 258

And an image of the "temporary" cd label:


Next mix will most likely be '80s. I know. Big surprise.

4 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

I think I know 1 song on that list.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

Well... it's a slightly angry CD. To be fair, a good number of those are from some movie sound tracks, so weren't necessarily mainstream. Most of the artists should be at least familiar, or you've probably heard one of their songs. Or well.. maybe ~you~ haven't.

Don would probably appreciate this CD. (Dunno if Pete would like it, but I'm sure Don would.)

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger rj said...

You do realize 1/3 of your mix *is* The Matrix sound track (not like it's a bad thing..). A lot of it reminds me of your Riled/Angry CD. I'll see if I can find my copy of Paint Shop Pro and play with the cover art...

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

I don't know about "1/3", but there are several tunes from there yes. It's the best sound track ever.

And I believe you're referring to my original angry disc titled "Animosity".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home