Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Bring out yer dead

Not your REAL dead, just things that are no more. Like a favorite restaurant of mine, Fat Punks. Looks like they closed the day I started at the new place, maybe they were depressed. *grin* Ok not my ~favorite~ place to go, but they did have quite a few good items on the menu. My favorite item being the chicken fingers. They had a few options all of which were tasty. Plain with honey mustard or BBQ sauce, shaken in a spicy BBQ sauce, buffalo (hot and mild), and my favorite Thai Style (which they later renamed to sweet chili). Served with a side of their delicious fries, or better yet the sweet potato fries. Now you're talkin'!

Quick update on the Murano (I think that's Italian for idiot...). The rearendER's insurance called today and would like to take care of me and the car. So hopefully I can convince the wife to drive by the nearby body shop and have them fax an estimate in, and then if I can get the check back by Monday, they can start work next week. I may even have them get me a rent-a-car while the Murano is in the "hospital".

In other updates...
With my boss back in town, he and I finally sat down and he went over the project he wants me on. It's a good news/bad news deal. It's a high profile (read some attention of the senior VPs) project, so I do well and it's VERY good, I mess up and it's VERY NOT good. No pressure. It's something new, but nothing I can't handle. It will be nice to have something to do beyond proofing business cards (which were wrong a third time... *grin*).

Someone once asked me if I was crazy or just stupid. I replied that if I didn't understand what I was doing I would seem stupid, and that if he didn't understand what I was doing then I would just seem crazy. I'll take crazy over stupid any day, there's already an overabundance of stupid out there. ;-)

2 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the new project - i know you will amaze them. Keep us posted.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

Thanks Nony!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home