Friday, August 18, 2006

Disturbing images

Well not like "Holy crap, I'll never sleep again!" images, but disturbing none the less. The first one is one I referenced in the post about my friend Clara's wedding (where I got to dance with JamesF). I had referenced that I was slightly tardy to the reception due to a truck fire on I-66. Well here's the pic from my phone. I was in a hurry and left the camera at home, D'oh! (SEE Clara and James!? There really ~was~ a fire!)



The other image is one I came across today in [BLANK]Mart (name with held in case some company gets upset). It's also from my phone, but I mean... who brings a camera to take pictures in a place like that?
All I can say is, "I'm glad I'm not a mole!"
Or maybe "Holey Moley"?
Guacamole?
Whack-a-freakin-mole! (perhaps it's the Mafia version of whack-a-mole?)


I don't know why this bothered me. Mouse traps (of any kind) have little or no effect. Perhaps it was the ring of sharp spikes hanging above the mole like a sword of Damocles.... Maybe it was the name of the company - REVENGE, that somehow turns it into more than just vermin removal. (It's almost an ACME tool to give to the coyote.) It's like they've turned it into a personal grudge match. In my mind I see it as the gritty reality version of Caddyshack and Carl Spackler's personal fight with the gopher. I bet if Carl had some hardware from REVENGE, Inc. instead of that C4, he might have prevailed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home