Sunday, August 20, 2006

Would you like to play a game?

Maybe not Global Thermonuclear War, but I did at least get to pretend I was a handy man today. The microwave we had put in close to when we bought our house did not survive the extreme storm we had a little over a week ago (maybe 2 weeks). Of course it had just passed the warranty timeline, so it was time for a new one. Having done this once before, it was much easier the second time. (Especially considering I didn't have to run a new outlet!) We went and picked up the newer model of the one we previously had, which was a good model except for the blowing out part. The new version has a speed control on the vent fan with 5 speeds, I like it. From unpacking the crate to packing up the old micro in the box, it was about an hour. (With 55 minutes of swearing, so says the wife. I don't think I swore ~that~ much, only when I couldn't get one of the screws in because it wasn't hanging on the back wall plate correctly....) With the clock set, and a test run of dinner for the furbabies warmed correctly, I call it a success.

I was pleasantly surprised today to find another one of the english cucumbers in the garden that was a bit young, but large enough to harvest. Though still lighter green, I was in the mood so I brought it in, sliced it up, and served it on a plate with a little salt and some dashes of basalmic vinegar. Delicious! They were a great accent to the spicy boneless pork(or as I frequently mistype prok) chops, which were grilled along with some onion slices and more bounty from the garden, 2 yellow squashes. The chops were a touch dry as I had pre-sliced them into strips, and neglected to take this into consideration sufficiently, but this was easily remedied with BBQ sauce (just a drizzle not a shower). I think the leftovers may turn into some curry later in the week, if I'm lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home