Monday, August 21, 2006

Dream the big dream

If I didn't have to work to earn a living, my dream job would be...
Well.. this is the proverbial "I won the Lotto" question. For this, I have an answer.

I would NOT have a job! I would however have a modest(sized) home built on a large ranch in the south (probably TX). I have in mind a canine play area that includes a wading pool, water toys (think fountains and sprays), a large aluminum awning covered arena for training purposes, a VERY large fenced area for running, perhaps some kenneling/dogruns for fostering, and perhaps even a cooling off cave. For myself outside, I would have a hot tub, a LARGE builtin gas grill, as well as a large wood smoker (with a continuous supply of mesquite for smoking various foods), maybe a quarter to half acre for gardening (with irrigation built in), and a big screened in porch. Inside... a technophiles dream. Fiber gigabit network throughout the house, T1 (or greater) to the premises, digital TV with PVR in any room that had a screen, a large movie viewing room with uber sound and leather recliners for all, a room for nothing but computing that's big enough for say 6, nice kitchen with all the trimmings/cabinets/counter space I can handle, fridge, stand up freezer (to keep all the smoked items), a workshop that could handle either electronics or carpentry, and a really really nice master suite.

My time would be spent on some non-profit work for canines (as I imagine my wife would do also). Halloween would be ~my~ biggest event of the year, and I would get to have a nifty project to work on every time. Christmas would be for the wife, and we would come close to the "Griswold Christmas Vacation" lighting (if she wanted). Somewhere in the plan I think there's a large RV with some camping/touring trips with the canines around the country (connected the entire time to update the blog of course). And I would hope time to read, write, and enjoy life.

Alas for now, I must continue the grind like many others, and hope that someday, I'll get to glimpse and live at least a small part of the grandiose dream.

3 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Blogger Scott said...

You could take up a fruitful hobby of brush-clearing, and you could tour the country like Roy Sr.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

Well, your new company is going public soon, correct? Maybe your dream will soon become a reality.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

Hrmmm brush clearing... sounds an awful lot like work...

Yeah, and I'll make money because I magically have shares after being there for 2 weeks?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home