Sunday, November 11, 2007

That's Super



So Da Wife and I recently (finally!) sat and watched My Super Ex-Girlfriend. Now keep in mind that I am easily entertained and do not watch movies with the eye of a true critic. But this kept me entertained throughout, some just smiles and several chuckles. While it is VERY campy, it works here. I didn't realize that Eddie Izzard was in it, and was pleasantly surprised. (Though I didn't realize he was that short, maybe Luke is tall. I don't know, but he seemed really short here. Probably the lack of heels...). If you're looking for something not overly taxing and just good campy fun, this is a nice diversion. There is one short dialog they have in the film about an age old question.

If you could have a super power, what would it be?

Me? Flight was always up there in the list, but the pragmatic answer is something more useful... like being able to absorb other peoples' powers or mimic them. How about you?

2 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger TheDoberwoman said...

I think I'd pick invisibility. So many possibilities with that one!

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

Did you rent this movie or do you own it? And if you own it, can I borrow it (that way I can save a Netflix rental since it's already in my queue)?

As for the super power, that's a tough one. I would probably go with regen / accelerated healing, only because of the longevity aspect. If I was picking one for fun, maybe super speed (although if you ask the ladies they may think I already have that power).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home