Thursday, November 08, 2007

Oh deer, that's expensive.

Wowza!



$1143.32

I mean... it's a sexy bumper and all... but that's alotta moo-lah. Yes we have insurance, yes they're going to cover it. But still that's pricey. Wow... I sound like James. ;-)

I'm not even going to talk about how far behind Nano I am. Only that I have not given up yet. There's always time to crap 10,000 words into a story with no plan or plot. ;-) (Hope to get a bunch in this weekend. Work has just been crazy.)

And on the work front, I may be finally close to wrapping up a 6 month project tomorrow (mostly - meaning I don't have to wait on people outside of the company anymore) so good thing I have some champagne chilled (and mead can ALWAYS go over ice!)

In other news:
When I was just learning how to drive, I was told that I should be ready for anything that could happen on the road. From a person swerving into my lane up to my instructor's favorite phrase: "If a cow falls from the sky, you should be able to avoid it". I thought, sure a cow from the sky, I get the point, but can't you think of something more... realistic??
Well... I sit here corrected:
According to THIS report, that is EXACTLY what happened. No. Really. And no, it's not in some third world country on a dirt road. U.S. highway.
So apparently my driving teacher knew something about something. Even if I did make fun of him for a looooong time regarding his driving a rented truck INTO an overpass thereby crushing the cab of the truck and causing severe damage to the structure. Guess he would have missed it if it was a cow...

3 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger JamesF said...

Paying for the paint supplies by the hour seems rather shady. They're charging you for the time to use the paint equipment in addition to the time of the guy doing the painting. Seems like double dipping to me.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger bahnsidthe said...

Likewise. Hey, the license plate saves you what, about $10? :-)

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger TheDoberwoman said...

New license plate: $10
Not having the hassle of dealing with the DMV: priceless!
:-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home