Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ho ho... ho?

Political correctness has really gone overboard. The latest victim? Santa.
That's right, Ol' Saint Nick. Or perhaps I should say "youth-challenged" Nick. Take a gander at this article. I mean... come on. Why don't we just ban them all?? I mean, some 6 year-old could be offended by the color red. Or perhaps the beard reminds him of his aunt and he'll get nightmares. Have we as a society, REALLY become that bad, that a hearty chortle is now considered taboo? I refuse to censor my laugh OR Santa's just because it may resemble something else.

Wow.
Apparently the Blog O'scorn isn't dead after all.

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger JamesF said...

Some local news station was carrying this story the other night. I had a hard time believing it then too. Seems crazy and more than a little over-sensitive. I mean did women really complain, or was this the output of some focus group that thought women might complain.

Granted, if when a lady walked by Santa were to say "Yo Hoe!", then I can see where they're coming from, but "Ho Ho Ho!" I mean come on.

p.s. How's the novel coming?

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Scott said...

I'm offended that you guys are even discussing this topic! I come from a long line of Ho's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home