Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Multitasker

Normally I'd have a mini rant on traffic during the week. Guess it's a normal week. *grin*

So today as I'm driving home I see some erratic driving. Now I know what you're thinking, "But Ken surely there wasn't erratic driving in northern Virginia!?!", no shocker, right? I fully expected said driver to be on a cell phone, and as I came even with the gigantic SUV I saw the phone plastered to his left ear. Again, no surprise. It was however a moment later as I gained a better vantage point that I was overwhelmed with disbelief. The steering wheel was not in his right hand as I assumed, but merely guided by a wrist or perhaps a knee, for in his right hand was an active blackberry that we has reading and pressing with his left hand on occasion. One would think that at this point I would've become numb to this kind of behavior, and honestly if we had been in the 0-5 mph traffic I probably wouldn't have cared. Unfortunately the speeds ranged from 40-60 mph and all the while our little technophile addict was talking and emailing. If he could've figured out how to drink a hot latte at the same time, I'm sure he would have. Matter of fact, I expect people will soon realize they can use their old sporting event "beer on my head" crazy hats for vehicle mutli-tasking. Or perhaps we'll all just start learning how to type with our toes, so we can put a laptop on the floor.

Well that's enough scorn for today. I'm off to dremel my dog's nails. Most girls would be thrilled to get a free pedi-pedi (well it's not a mani-pedi!!), but she doesn't seem to like it. Maybe I should paint her toes while I'm at it. Would it be wrong to have a French Pedicure on a Manchester Terrier? Speaking of the little black dog, Da Wife has a post with the new video of our pup. Orrr... you can just go straight to google video.
*grin*

2 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Chef KJ said...

Today in Philly I was totally vindicated in traffic, for the first time ever.

A cab cut me off three different times, weaving in and out of traffic and being an asshole. At one point he even created a third lane where there were only two lanes, just so he could get around me even though the person in front of me wasn't moving any faster than the rest of traffic.

We both exited onto 76, him once again cutting me off at the exit. As we got on 76, he weaved over into the left lane immediately and cut off a cop. The cop pulled him over right then and there! I was doing the happy dance! I know, no dancing while you are driving, but I did have at least one hand on the steering wheel!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Scott said...

I'm so happy you're back, Kenny. I have tears of joy. Let the scorn overfloweth.

<sniff>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home