Monday, January 08, 2007

Yeah, I'm crazy. Big deal.

So I'm finally following up on something I've wanted to do for a long time.  No, it's not jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, or bungee jumping into a gorge.  (Mainly because I have no desire to do either of those things.)  Something much more sedate.  I believe 2007 may be the year that I actually try out some short 3 minute sets on an open mic night.  I know, James, you think I'm too normal to do this, and you may be right.  That of course is not going to stop me.  *grin*  I don't have the dates picked out yet (although according the my book I'm supposed to have them lined up already!) and I may or may not post them here.  If I do you're all welcome to come out and heck... I mean laugh.  Love me or hate me, just don't sit stony-faced and silent!  This pursuit has me very wound up and nervous, and I haven't even signed up for anything yet.  I've wanted to do this for so long, but have let myself talk myself out of it for years on end.  Mainly because not doing it was easier and safer than trying.  Well not this year.
 
I have no idea what material I'd bring yet, but it's got to be worked down until it's short (and hopefully funny).  Although I can tell you that sometimes three minutes on a microphone in front of a large group of people can feel like an eternity.  Then again, if you're having fun it should seem like the blink of an eye.  Maybe I'll try out those new adult undergarments, just in case...
 
Regardless of whether this venture turns out to be positive or negative, I plan to have humor as a major part of my life as long as I'm around.  I may not make money at it, I may not even do more public venues, but it's part of me, and it's time I accepted that.  To all those that have encouraged me along the way for this, I thank you.  For those that didn't... well maybe I can use you for material later.

6 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger bahnsidthe said...

Break a leg.

"A human, a Klingon and a Ferengi walk into a bar..." -- Data, Star Trek Next Generation, Episode 130, "The Comic"

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Chef KJ said...

Maybe one of these would help?

http://www.comedyindc.com/classes.htm

The "Intro to Stand-Up" class sounds like your cup of tea. Not that you need it, but if you are nervous about it, it could help!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

Thank you for all your support!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger swtrble said...

Let me know where and when - i'd love to see you!

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Scott said...

oh dear god help us

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coolness! Make it a weekend and K & I will do our best to be there. We'll save the whipped-cream-pie-in-the-face for afterwards.
-g

 

Post a Comment

<< Home