Thursday, October 26, 2006

Mmmm Cake....

Time marches on as it inevitably does, and the wheel has paused once again on the annual celebration of my first attempt to leave my mother. (birthday, for those of you that are as tired as I am.) This afternoon my near-birthday-buddy KC and I were treated to a good lunch at Red Robin by some of our more humorous coworkers. (JamesF is a big fan of RR, well he at least takes the kids there a bunch. *grin*) The trixie hobbitses got the staff to sing to me and KC, but little do they know that revenge will be sweet. I suspect they will have several "unbirthdays" the next time we go out. *evil grin*

Da wife and I had a nice dinner out with some friends (steak tips - yum) and when I got home, to my surprise, my darling wife had even baked for me this year! A lovely carrot cake, and hey, let's not forget the cream cheese icing. YUM!

Yes, she even wrote on it for me. There were candles, but they were lit and extinguished without photographic evidence.

I also got a super jackpot. That's right, several bags of gummi cola bottles! These are by far my favorite candy item almost every time. (Once in a while I get an hankerin' for some malt, but my candy preferences deserve an entire post of their own.) Apparently she's familiar with my habits/preferences or something.
*grin*

Despite work, a vet appointment (for the dogs, not me), and about 2.5 hours in the car today, it was a good day.

7 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger TheDoberwoman said...

Happy birthday, baby!!!

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday grumpy old man!!!

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

<yoda>
This one Birthday Happy hopes you have.
</yoda>

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Happy Birthday, Grandpa

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger swtrble said...

Happy Birthday!!

How's it feel to be 25???

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

Thank you all.

And T,
I don't know, I can't remember that far back!
LOL

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger bahnsidthe said...

Criminy! Carrot cake is my fave! Bastich :-) Happy B'day me ole fruit. I will most likely be in Monday, just so you can have revenge ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home