Thursday, October 05, 2006

Quarantine lifted (mostly)

So after several days of sleep, fluids, sleep, small quantities of food, fluids, and a little more sleep, I'm now only slightly ill. ;-) Hopefully another night of rest and water will have me back to near normal. Well... normal for me.

But you're prolly here to read about Lost season 3. Man oh man, did they start this one off with a doozie! "How can they have something bigger than a plane crash to open?", you ask? I would tell you, but that would be a spoiler then wouldn't it? I'll save those for after I watch it again, and then I'll put some filler at top and a large warning. They answer some big questions right off, however in their usual manner they give an answer only to generate 10 (if not 100) more questions. I will give the tiniest of teasers in that they certainly appear to be going into much greater detail with the "others" this season. We get to see into Jack, Sawyer, and Kate more this episode too. Some funny moments, some dramatic, all good. I will say there seemed to be an abnormally large amount of commercials, though I guess that's to be expected. Can't wait for the next show!

8 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

I was less than thrilled with it.

The opening was different, but once the twist is revealed in the opening, it's not like it was completely unexpected.

Overall, I didn't like it. No real questions were answered. No new details provided. It's starting to feel like the show may have jumped a shark somewhere.

And I really don't like this idea of showing others one week, survivors the next. That's going to get old really fast. And since they're only going to show 6 shows before going on hiatus that means only three shows of progress (since three shows will deal with others and three with survivors).

Not sure how they can keep that up over time though since that means you get three Jack flashback episodes, three Kate's and three Sawyers. Or is that about the level they did previous seasons? I know the main three had at least two flashback episodes per season, but maybe they did have three apiece.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

Man, I knew you were the grumpy old guy about neighbor kids on your lawn... but when did you get this bitter?

Maybe you've taken on the job of critic too much, and don't even watch tv or movies for the "fun of it"? I think they are a distance away from shark jumping, but what do I know?

And yes they do answer the questions, that were just assumptions before, so while not surprises (M. Night Shymalon style) they were a kind of unexpected. Or maybe you've followed even more of the outside/real world stories more than I have.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought this was all supposed to be entertainment...

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger mattfite said...

...I knew you were the grumpy old guy... Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought this was all supposed to be entertainment...

a wise man once said, "It's all in good and it's all in fun. now get in the pit and try to love someone."

well, the same guy then said "bawitdba da bang da dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogie said up jump the boogie", so really -- what do i know?

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger bahnsidthe said...

It was ok. Sawyer cracks me up. My questions, as you said have only increased. The commercials really made it seem disjointed - I am used to no commercials :-)

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

Ok, looks like I was wrong. Maybe they're planning on showing some of the trio at the other camp every episode.

And I why am I commenting here. Not like this thing ever gets updated. :-)

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

Is this thing on?

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger bahnsidthe said...

Check this out...

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,6115,1547154_3_0_,00.html

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

Ok, I liked tonight's. But I didn't get the Deja Vu reference that Hurley made there at the end. What was that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home