Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Dinner and What Not to Wear

Dinner was a surprise hit. I decided to make spaghetti, but instead of noodles we used spaghetti squash. Easy to prepare, had da wife boil it yesterday (about 30 minutes) and cool it in the fridge overnight. Then today I made a batch of Mediterranean type sauce (black olives, garlic, onions, artichoke, mushrooms, porchini mushrooms, tomato base, my own blend of spices, and of course wine!) with some pan-seared chicken (also cooked with some wine and spices). While the sauce happily simmered away, I cut open the squash, removed the seeds, and then pulled the "noodles" out with a fork. After a quick excursion in the microwave, they were ready for a heap of homemade sauce and let's not forget the cheese. Didn't use as much of my "sauce spices" as I normally do, because I didn't want to overwhelm the "noodles", but still a delicious treat. I foresee more squash-ghetti dinners in the future. The next experimental food item on the list (well... it's on the counter at the moment) is butternut squash. NO idea how I'm going to cook that one, but a little research online usually turns up a heap of recipes. Even the dogs liked the spaghetti squash (no sauce for them though) with and without cheese. I think I'd like to try them with a marsala type dish next time.

In other news...
I'm not 100% sure about the etiquette involved in wearing hose, but I think I observed a violation today. A woman in one of my meetings today, was wearing a nice (if short) business suit and hose. A fairly normal occurrence in an office, and I wouldn't have noticed anything on a normal day. Today was different, as I looked at her ankle (because something was out of place) I saw a bulge around her ankle. On closer inspection I saw that it was an anklet, presumably from the beach as it appeared to be hemp and small white seashells from a distance. Now, I can appreciate wanting to keep wearing something that might have meaning... but... maybe just take it off during the day, don't wear hose over it. It just screamed out from the calm business attire of an otherwise nice outfit. Too critical? Perhaps. Keep in mind, this meeting was with the CEO of the company, definitely the day to put your best foot forward. In this case, it would be the one without the anklet.
*grin*

4 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

When did this turn into the TLC blog?

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Let me suggest what TO wear.

Fashion modeled over at the Scooter Blog.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Kenny,

After much consideration, I think you should rename your blog to...

drumroll please.....

Kenny G's Blog-O-Scorn

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger swtrble said...

butternut squash is wonderful! Soup, cassarole.... love it! Yell is you need a recipe. Ya know, I am up for adoption :-)

Miss ya kiddo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home