Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Countdown to Lost

3 weeks and a day, or just less than 23 days until the start of season 3.  Not very much time to complete the RE-viewing of all the previous episodes.  Yes, I have both season 1 and season 2 on DVD, and haven’t watched them.  Ok, that’s not quite true, I’ve watched the first half of the pilot episode.   So that leaves 21 evenings to view 47 shows.  I’m thinking it may be time for a Lost marathon on Sunday to try and knock that number down a bit.

 

Now I haven’t been keeping up with the Alternate Reality Game (ARG), that ABC put together called “The Lost Experience”, but apparently they have significantly expanded the storyline through this medium.  (This is also related to the candy give away that had recently involving the Apollo chocolate bars, which are now selling on Ebay from $10 to about $60 – holy cow!)  If you’re interested in learning more (to include spoilers) check out the Lostpedia.

 

In other news, Survivor starts THIS WEEK.  I’m still uncertain if I want to watch it this season.  I’m just thinking the split based on race is just a bad idea.  Yes, it will certainly lend more drama to the show, and it keeps adding new twists, but do we really need to call it out?  What happens when the tribes merge?  I guess we’ll see how it plays out.  This Thursday (9/14) is the premiere.

 

Not sure if I’ll be watching any other shows this season.  Usually I get all my TV info from the Comic Book Guy, since he always seems to have the scoop.  And yes, I still have the episodes of Eureka on my TiVo… I’ll have to try and watch them too.  Geez.  When did TV watching become a chore?

*grin*

6 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

So when you watched the Lost pilot episode did you verify that the black smoke or whatever swoops down from above (and in from the right) when the turbine explodes (since you were convinced it had been photoshopped when I showed that to you).

I'm personally looking forward to Heroes on NBC (starts Sept 25th).

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

I still think it could be written off as "debris", not saying NO, just that it's debateable. It's a scene cut, the guy flies into the front of the turbine (cut to the back view) then EXPLOSION. I do not think the "monster" blows up the engine, if indeed the black object is the monster at all.

I may have to add Heroes to the TiVo lineup. Thanks TV/Comic Book Guy/Brick Biographer

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

I didn't claim the smoke blew it up, just that the smoke is obviously there.

And it's not debris. Play it slow, one comes in from the sky, arcs in, then flies back up. Other one does the same thing but comes in from the side. Debris would start and the explosion and go up, this comes down from above before the explosion, then goes back up.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger TheDoberwoman said...

You've been saying that you're not going to watch Survivor for the past couple of seasons now. But once it starts back up, you can't help yourself!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger JamesF said...

Did you submit an audition tape to Survivor this year?

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

ok.

Doberwoman - YOU are the reason I watch survivor at ALL, so you hush.

And James, no I did not send in a tape. I may have given up since as you put it I'm "too normal". Though I still disagree.

HotLumpia,
Neat designs on cafepress. Although I'm not really a 'Lost' blog, I only just post about it here or there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home