Friday, September 29, 2006

TV and Chicken Pot Pie

Tonight was just a smorgasbord of fun and milestones. Da wife cooked a chicken pot pie that was fantastic, and finished it off with pumpkin pie. Mmmmm. Pie. Then we managed to finish season 1 of Lost on DVD. We also kicked off season 2, since we have to finish an additional 24 episodes before the premiere of season 3 (starts Oct. 4th). I'm taking a break from season 2 (we've watched the first episode where they go into the hatch - sorry if that's a spoiler) to come post our progress. Mostly in case James is wondering how far we've gone.

I did catch a few things I'd missed or didn't remember while watching season 1 again. And only 1 or 2 pieces of the "additional" DVD footage. Unfortunately most of what I learned on the "extras" didn't really seem to fit any MAJOR plot lines, but did fill in some more interesting connections (like one between Claire and the Pilot). The "extras" on season 2 seem to have quite a bit more info, but I'm not going to watch them until season 2 is complete. If you want to know what's in them, then drop me a line when the "omfg we managed to watch the whole season in time" post, and I'll share thoughts in a spoiler post if you want. And yes for those not wanting the spoilers, it will have a proper warning at the top.

In the meantime, I'm back to the discs. I've got to see what happens to Jack, Locke, Kate, and Desmond (well.. and the others, and the rest of the survivors.... *grin*).
Cheers
4 8 15 16 23 42

7 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

I wouldn't mind borrowing the discs with the extra footage.

And you know, you don't have to finish by next week since you could just simply leave the recording on the TiVo and watch it once you do finish.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

Oh yeah right, James. Like I'm going to be able to not hear anything about the show. I tried that one before... and it seems like everytime I do, every news show, radio program, and google/yahoo front page scream out the spoilers! So yes, I do have to watch them. And you're welcome to borrow the extras discs, in fact Season 1 is availble now.

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger JamesF said...

I assume you're going to hand deliver them to my house then?

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

I might be able to do a "meet in the middle" run for ya, but remember it's only 1 disc (season 1) that's ready.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Mmmm. Pie.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger bahnsidthe said...

Mmmmm PUMPKIN pie, indeed. Pecan at the bahnsidthe homestead. Mmmmmm pecans.

BTW, I bet Claire is Jack's half-sister. Jack's dad went to Aus to visit his illigitimate daughter after all.... Any takers?

I'm stirring the pre-season pot.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

Pumpkin pie is tasty, and one of my favorites is pecan. YUM!

I had thought about the Jack-Claire thing. Definitely a possibility. I'm just waiting to see who they drop on the island this season.
*grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home