Thursday, September 28, 2006

Training or Torture?

So... me and my partner in crime KC went off to McLean for training today for an internal software tool.  I assumed it would be a useful endeavor.  I was unaware, however, that the training class would spend the first hour teaching one how to use web based forms.  ~I~ thought the class was how to use the software, not how to use a browser.  My mistake.
 
Eventually we moved along... only to have one of our coworkers continually ask questions about the functionality, and bugs.  Or supposed bugs, since it seemed to frequently be "user error".  Mind you, this employee has been to this class several times before.  There goes getting out of class early.
 
Hopefully meeting da wife for dinner in a town in the middle will be much more fun.  And as long as the waiter doesn't sneak up and hit me on the head with the serving tray then I think I'm golden.
 
Oh and at lunch, they had "homemade" chips.... and while they looked VERY tasty, they were in fact GROSS.
*sigh*

3 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger bahnsidthe said...

Oh my Dog!!! I wanted to stab myself in the eye! We spent 5 sodding minutes learning to create a Desktop shortcut icon for the app FFS!

At least we used the time to post :-)

PS the burgers weren't bad.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

Heh, posting on training time. I love it.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger bahnsidthe said...

Anonymous student-group logins; non-attribution baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home