Thursday, August 31, 2006

No such thing as a free coffee

Or an iced coffee for that matter. I actually received this coupon in email today (ok I'm not as popular as JamesF and others whose blogs are worth more).

Now... even if they hadn't intended it to be that broad of an offer, they should still either honor them, or put out some other kind of offer (maybe a half-priced tall something or other, valid through 9/8 or something). I wonder if you went in and complained enough if they'd just give you one anyway.

With the fancy Flavia machine at work, I've significantly reduced my trips to the brew master. In fact I managed to get an order in for "French Vanilla" with the woman that manages them, and she gave me a case of "Hazelnut" in the interim. I'll be happy as long as they leave it on "free vend"!

And now, as inspired by Scott, a haiku.

must have my java
ground beans make my sunrise bright
please pass the sugar


Feel free to analyze my haiku. ;-)

4 Comments:

At 1:04 AM, Blogger JamesF said...

must have my java

I want to write code

ground beans make my sunrise bright

I'm not a morning person

please pass the sugar

Play some Barry White

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Scott said...

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/nothing/starbucks.asp

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Scott said...

I think a limerick is in order too:

There once was a man named Kenny
Whose coffee was worth more than a penny
He'd grind all the beans
But the brew'd be too lean
So he'd scrap it and head over to Denny's.

Well, I'll keep trying.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

heh...
Great poems! I think there should be a topic a week (or some other non-enforced random schedule) that everyone contributes to.

Yeah I saw snopes had it as "True, but expired", NY Times had it, and about 3 or 4 other news feeds that I saw. I did my research before posting! I was just about a week behind the rest of the world - as usual!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home