Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ch ch ch changes...

As promised here is a before/after (sort of) of the front flower (test) bed.




We are also working on regrowing the side yard in the back. Since most of the grass was removed by erosion and dog paws.




As we continue to work on the projects and refine the ones mostly completed more images will follow. I will also see if I can get a better angled set of before and after shots (tripod! You're the next contestant on...).

In other news...
We went to dinner at a new (to us) place in Centreville called Redrock Canyon Grill. I can tell you that the chicken pot pie is very good, and the (big pond) ahi (yellowfin tuna) is superb. I do think they should warn potential customers that the green blob on top of the ahi is wasabi. I can also vouch for the high quality (and price tag) of the key lime pie, it is possibly the best key lime pie I've had in the area. It is easily the largest slice as it was 1/4 of a pie (good thing they brought enough spoons for everyone to share). They do use a small bit too much pepper on their potatoes (both the red mashed, and those found in the pot pie), but their cooked carrots are sweet, not too soft, and very tasty. RJ said the ribs were good and the chicken was ok (though a little bland). A good restaurant, reminiscent of the Silverado/Sweet Water/Coastal Flats/etc type restaurants - good food, but not cheap. (That may rule it out for JamesF. I'm KIDDING James! The only thing you might want to watch is the nuts in the crust of the pie...)

Oh yeah, I also got my Murano (I still think it's Italian for idiot) back from the body shop. Brand new bumper looks very nice, and I had them install a scuff guard on the top edge (in case I slide something on the bumper while I'm loading and unloading things). Although with a lack of XM in the car today, I listened to my whole "Spite and Malice" CD. I really like it, although I'm not sure it's the best thing to listen to in Northern VA traffic....

7 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger TheDoberwoman said...

Wow, I'd forgotten about the astro-turf on the front steps... or perhaps blocked it from my memory. Hey, maybe we can have an astro-turf runner going up the hill in the backyard if the real grass doesn't grow. ;)

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger JamesF said...

We used to eat at Redrock fairly often actually and have taken family there to eat when they come to visit. Haven't been in a while, but it's not because of the price or anything, lately it's just because of the time requirements.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

Oh I see, James. You ASK for pictures, and then have no comments. No no... I'll just keep that in mind...

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Hey, send me your new email address, dude! I can't figure out how to mail you.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

Comments?!?

You want commments?

I'll give you comments!

Where's tonight's update?

Losing the astro turf alone seems to have done wonders for the front. And I like the new flower bed areas versus the wild and burry bushes. Athough the fact that the grass was in desparate need of cutting in the before pictures by itself causes the difference to look pretty drastic.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Buddy Tignor said...

I like the dogs behind the storm door in all the shots. Just like ours...they always have to supervise the projects :-)

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

James, yeah the astro turf removal was a great frist step (I have an intermediary shot somewhere I think), and the pulling of the shrub was good too. I just like the final refinement of the stone border, I hate that plastic [BLEEP].

LOL Buddy. Yeah they "supervise" alot, pretty much everything as it turns out. And they use Quinn's definition of supervise I'm afraid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home