Thursday, September 07, 2006

Did someone say PC?

Yep. Got my new work PC today. Went and picked it up from the IT guys so I could get it early and begin working on customizing it. I really really like the new Dell widescreen panels that are easily adjustable in height and have USB, speaker power, s video, dvi, vga, and other connections all at the ready on a very small desktop footprint. The 1280X1024 resolution @ 75Hz doesn't hurt either.

Managed to get it set up and running before I left, with enough time to configure my desktop, settings, video, and email (oh and install Firefox!) It's also pretty cool to login by putting my card into the keyboard slot and having it ask only for my PIN.

All in all it's been a pretty good first month at this place. Much less stress, true I know way fewer people, but the environment is a good bit better. That's not to say it's without it's own unique challenges, but I'm prepared for them. Except perhaps... the fact that I discovered recently. My step-father works there, and I believe my mother is a contractor there from time to time as well. *sigh* Oh well. Could be worse. I could be in their division or working for them. I am not sure they even know I'm there yet, but since I talked to one of the guys in their group today... I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Too bad they aren't allowed into the suite that houses my office. *grin*

4 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

If you don't get internet access at work, what's the point of installing Firefox?

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

You must've misread something. There is internet to my desktop, but no personal mail allowed. (and also restricted surfing).

So like I can see CNN (at lunch) or do product research for work, but not visit a blog, or check gmail, or go to the pr0n sites you like. Such as shugashack....

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Oooh, do not forget the chunkybuttshomepage.com. One of my personal favorites!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

Oh great Scott. I'm sure that link won't bring any unwanted attention here.
*rolling eyes*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home