Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thankful Thursday

YES! Today I have a phone. And much to my surprise... the ITS guy managed to scrounge a PC for me too. It's old, and slow, but it's on my desk! He also informed me that they had ordered the new GX 650s for my "real" PCs on the way. So that's pretty sweet too. (I'm sure this had NOTHING to do with the 8 pack of his favorite soda that ~magically~ appeared on his desk today. *GRIN* ((HEY! I'm not STUPID!)) )

I completed my timesheet training (Yes I got a perfect score on the test afterwards, tyvm), and managed to complete my sheet with only minimal questions from my supervisor. I got email setup and all the other registery thingies done, so I'm almost an employee now. Annnnd I ~finally~ have some real tasking. It's a medium sized project to complete, and I should be able to get a fair way through it next week while the boss is gone.

I also picked up a lot more of the internal politics of the place as they have determined me to be "safe"... HAHAHAHA little do they know...

So tomorrow is my boss' last day then he's off on vacation for a week, so hopefully we can pull all the important information out of his head before he goes, and MAYBE even get an account on the other system.

(And I found a really good Thai place near the office. Pad See Eew, spicy like I've never had. SOOOOO Good!)

5 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

Isn't the Golden China place near where you are now also?

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like James wants a lunch invite!

sw

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

I dunno about that place... the only thing I could find remotely near the new place...is well... far(ish).

As for the lunch invite, come on out next week (except Tuesday - I have an offsite), the boss is on vacation!

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There ya go James - you can thank me later by bringing back a cookie!

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No cookie for you!
Come back. 1 year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home