Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Waitin' Wednesday

Waitin'. Waitin'. More Waitin'. That was a lot of my day. (There you go Scott, it's not your version of the title!) I (and my associate) did manage to track down an "Employee Profile Form" and even managed to track down the people that knew the right numbers to fill in. So we're officially in the system now to get - a phone. The bad news is... they apparently only install new phone service on Tuesdays. So... I'll be without a phone until the 13th. Joy.

Still waitin' on a PC (of any flavor) to show up. At this point I found out that they are ordering new hardware spec'd out just for us, that has more than the usual hardware. So that's cool... Now, I'm not talking some uber 10GB ultra-high end shuttle trajectory calculating super machine, but it will have good memory, good speed, and a bunch of whistles. Unfortunately... I also found out the spec isn't complete, so it hasn't even begun to be ordered yet.

Waitin' on furniture. ~Supposedly~ that comes in next week (MAYBE the week after), but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Did actually get a few things productive in today (aside from the form for the phone), met in a meeting and got some good low down on interior politics. I also sought out a former coworker and got even better "poop" about what's going on, what had recently happened to precipitate the changes that lead to my hire, and what was to come.

So we'll chalk today up as a positive.

2 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Blogger Scott said...

I'm not sure you want to have a post with "Scott" and "poop" in it at the same time. Oh, the hits you'll get.

(Just experience talking!)

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

Well... haven't had any fallout from it yet. But maybe it'll hit the fan.
LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home