Sunday, June 25, 2006

Forget who, WHERE is KennyG?

It's been a little busy, and I didn't think I had enough before. (ok ok, I'm not a REGULAR poster) [James, no jokes about metamucil, please. *grin*]

So let's see....
We had adopted a rescue Dobe from D.A.R.E. last week. And while she was one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met, she simply just didn't fit. The tripod dog spent all his time chasing after her to teach her manners (of the canine variety), so he was really exerting himself on a continual basis. And when Boris wasn't looking, the new dog (she was about 10-11 months old they think) would accost the little dog (I think trying to establish a position, ANY position, in the pack). Now don't get me wrong, the little dog is tough, she wrestles and plays rough with the big dog, and he's got her at a 5 to 1 size ratio. And despite the new dog only having a 4 to 1 ratio, she played MUCH rougher than Boris. To the point of making the little dog yelp when she (play) bit Roxie on the neck. Making my little princess squeak is a bad thing. *grin* All in all it seemed like the big dog was spending too much energy and overextending himself (can't overdo his wobbler's weakened neck), the little dog was being pushed around, and the new dog was pushing way too hard to fit in, and so wound up being "corrected" often. All 3 were not happy, and that's not the point of adopting pets, it's to make their lives better, not worse. So new dog was returned, and for the time being... adoptions are off.

In other news...
My friend Clara got MARRIED! Wooo Hooo! Congratulations Clara and Paul (or is it Paula and Paul *grin*). But it was an eventful day (Saturday).
The wedding was beautiful, and not long despite being a Catholic one *grin*. I hadn't seen St. Bernadette's Church in Springfield, VA before, but it was very nice. Then we ran home to get the dogs dinner and some outside time at which point we drove off to Tyson's Marriott for the blow out reception. We were delayed on our journey by a car fire on 66 (right at route 50 exit). The truck (Swan Foods I think) was on fire. When I say on fire I mean engulfed in flames! Fortunately it was west bound (we were headed east), and it was only the rubberneckers slowing us down. I did snap a shot (since our side essentially stopped regardless of the fact that nothing was actually happening on our side of the highway) with my phone, and I will see if I can add that later. We lucked out in parking and caught an end spot that I think people had overlooked. Had some quick cocktails while we sorted out the favors/name tags at the reception. A very unique item, and I thought it was a fantastic idea. The bridge and groom (I believe) had picked some musical selections and made mix CDs for all the attendees. Very nice! But I digress... on to the interesting points.
The (abbreviated) highlights include: My fantabulous dance with James(Missy, I'm still mad you cut in on my man!), the videographer being so amused with my contributions to the video that he swung by for a second trip (I think he wanted a third, but we had left before he came back I think), and of course being amused by James for most of the evening (way to snag the extra crab cake!). All in all I think a great time was had by all, and I certainly look forward to seeing some pictures and maybe even the video.
Cheers!

3 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger JamesF said...

Makes me wonder if the RIAA would take umbrage with them distrubting the CD without getting permission of the respective copyright holders.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger JamesF said...

Wait a minute, you went back home before going to the reception? And couldn't pick me up so I could drink my ass off at the reception and not have to worry about driving home?

I see how it is.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

Well... not sure about the RIAA part, but they weren't making a profit or even charging. Doesn't that fall under some hole in the laws?

As for the driving. We were late to the reception as it was driving back home. So you would've only made us all later. Now if you had gone to the wedding, Theresa or Annemarie might have driven you out to the Hyatt early, and we could've driven you home. (Ok Mrs. Me would've driven us both home since I wasn't driving...) Anyway Annemarie even lives essentially on the way home (literally it would be a 1 minute turn off our way home, and 1 minute back to the main road) and she didn't get a ride, so join the hate mob.
*tongue out*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home