Sunday, May 07, 2006

Can't teach an old dog new tricks

But young dogs apparently pick stuff up on their own. Here's something else none of my prior pets ever did. So after taking our usual daily constitutional on the beach with the 'nines, and subsequently rinsing their paws (and in most cases ALL of them) in the hose. The lil miss runs inside to the bedroom, jumps up and proceeds to do the following:


Now I'm sure many of you have had dogs that have dried off in this manner, but I have not. And to me it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen a canine do. I am working on a better video clip of the tripod in motion, but it's not done yet so you'll just have to wait.

Oh I also spotted this little guy on the same stroll...
He's TINY by the way. If you look you can see the individual grains of sand. There goes that hunter gene (well some people call it the hunter gene I call it paranoia) for tracking moving objects... I mean, the crab was MAYBE a half an inch long, with his legs spread out! And let's not forget that he blends in with the sand. The dogs wanted to molest it, but the wife and I called them off. Lucky crustacean. Not that they would have intended to harm it... but I think a "sampling" might have been too much for the thing. Besides I had a whole bag of spiced crabs back at the house waiting for me to pick them. And yes as usual I stabbed myself in multiple locations drawing blood. I fought the crabs, and the crabs won. (But I did eat them in the end!)

Happy Birthday Quinn!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home