Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Maybe I need a different camera...

So went to the agility class tonight. (In Prince William County NOT in Leesburg as I had previously thought.) Talk about tall grass, I think my knees are still itchy! As for getting "good" video... didn't happen. Got some mediocre footage of both my wife and our dog, and some really BAD footage. Apparently my digital camera at maximum zoom in the twilight hour taking footage of high speed objects, is just not up to snuff. I will have to resort to bringing out an ACTUAL video camera just to see if that helps (I think I have a better optical zoom on that thing anyway.) If that doesn't do it, then I may be on the market for something that does what I want, not that I'm a filmmaker or professional photographer (ok I'm not even a good photographer) but I would like to get some footage. I know, I know. A poor craftsman blames his tools. This is true, but give a bad craftsman an excellent tool and then at least the crap he comes up with will be better than what he had before. Sure, it's still crap, but maybe it has more shine to it, or a better shape. We'll leave the analogy there.

Since I started the last post with a horrifying picture from volleyball, I thought I'd end this one with a better one.


This is one of the janitors (Jason C) in mid serve. Check out the sweet action!


And here we have Clara in mid-bump during warmup. (Ryan watches carefully to keep from being hit.)

2 Comments:

At 1:22 AM, Blogger JamesF said...

Nice contrast in the pictures, the blur on the serve definitely shows motion. Unfortunately the shot of Clara looks like she just standing there balancing the ball on her wrists.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

Thank you!
Yea I realized it looks like Clara is just holding the ball, but still that's a tough balancing act!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home