Thursday, May 04, 2006

A vicarious day in the sun

I know I know... it's mean to rub it in. Well.... no one ever said I was nice.
*grin*
The dogs had a huge walk on the beach today, 1.5 hours! (That's a long time on just three legs in the sand and surf!) Whilst out enjoying the lack of precipitation, we came across something I've rarely seen on the sand. An actual starfish on the beach. I've seen them in aquariums and snorkeling and other places, but never out on the sand. Apparently some birds were investigating when we arrived, and they were spooked by the dogs. After snapping a few pics, I moved the star a bit into the water (it was still squiggly). Sorry gulls! I can hear them now yelling at me... "Mine. Mine. MINE! MINE! MINE!"


After cruising further along the dogs stopped on some other spot where apparently I as a useless, non-smelling, opposable thumbed human could not discern the obvious interest in a spot of sand. Both dogs were VERY intent on finding "something" here.


I will say they discovered something... more sand. They did have fun digging though. By the time we got back it had gotten almost foggy, so after cleaning up I started on dinner. Using some leftover shrimp (from dinner the other night - spiced shrimp and taters) I crafted a pasta dish. I call it "Ken has no idea what he's doing" pasta. It's sort of loosely based on a semi-spicy Cajun cream sauce (think alfredo with a small bit of kick) with a variety of onions sauteed with some fresh mushrooms a little turkey bacon and of course the shrimp. After the sauce was done and the whole wheat rotini were finished I threw some fresh steamed broccoli into the sauce pot. Here's the finished product.

It was delicious!

Remembered that Survivor was on tonight in the middle of dinner and managed to get the TV on before it started. Fairly entertaining episode.
***WARNING: SPOILER ALERT****

I gotta say... I love watching Terry stomp the "whiny club" members. 5 immunities in a row, unbelievable. And the payback to Danielle on reward challenge for betrayal? Brilliant. Now... I've wanted to see Shane go for quite a while, and at this point I'm not real thrilled with any of the four non-Terrys left. So he's in to the final three, if he can pull that win off then he's in the final two. All I can say is if he makes it to the final two, and loses because of the pettiness of the casaya tribe then I fear I can no longer watch the show. I will have to find something else for that 1 hour slot of my life. Let's say CSI. Aside from all the in-game head on wars... Terry now has to go up against the Survivor curse. He won the car. No one that gets the car gets the money, maybe he'll be the first.

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

Heck with CSI. Watch Smallville! You get to see hunky Tom Welling shirtless sometimes. Uhh, I mean it's full of MANYLY super heroic stuff. Well, actually it's more teen angst and drama, but there's usually 1 special effects money shot in each episode.

Plus Zod is coming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home