Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tune in Tuesday

Good news... Bad news...

Good news/Bad news:
+ Some of my tickets are intact and I got a new badge on day 2!
- Others are still in process of transfer.

+ There's a cool individual coffee maker on my floor.
- Most of the items/flavors it makes are blah. (though the Fr. Vanilla is acceptable)

+ I have my own office.
- There was only a beat up old desk without even a chair.

+ I will have speakers on my main machine (I get 2 machines).
- I will have no internet on it.

+ I didn't have my phone ringing off the hook.
- Because I have no phone, yet.

+ I found out another person I know works in my building.
- I found out it's Greg S. (some of you know him. Ask Annemarie)

- Someone asked me if I knew another person that used to work there with my last name.
+ She no longer works there.

+ Parking was no problem.
- Because we're only at 1/4 the occupancy for the building, and they are in process of filling it up! (AND building another building next door that will share the lot!)

+ No one really came by to bother me with problems.
- No one came by with problems!


All in all... not a bad first day. I mean... the boss was moving his own stuff in, and they're still getting set up in the place, and with new furniture coming next week (ha ha, yeah right) I can overlook not having a PC, a phone, a chair, or a desk that had all its drawers functional (one fell apart as I was pulling it out of the desk). So I guess not wanting to quit on day 2 is a good thing. Did I mention my boss is going on vacation next week? Looks like it will be a CBT week for the old KennyG. (That's Computer Based Training by the way, you know... those "fun" videos'/programs that you watch/click through to learn stuff... I'm sure they are thrilling.)

3 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger Scott said...

So I see where these posts are heading. "Fun Friday" "Mayhem Monday" "Tune in Tuesday"

What next, "Whip it out Wednesday?" "Throw up Thursday?"

:-)

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger JamesF said...

I've just been amazed at the consistency of the updating compared to previously.

Kind of blows that you won't have internet access. How are you going to check on your portfolio throughout the day now?

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

Well it's not going to be called that ~now~! Sheesh. Now I gotta come up with something else! Thanks Scott...


Well I doubt it will continue to be a daily update... I figure I will probably go to about a twice a week posting schedule. I just can't keep up with you guys everyday.
And I will have a ~little~ inet access... but certainly not for anything personal. (To the point that they block all offsite personal mail sites, blogs, stock sites, etc. I think I can still get price updates... just can't trade).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home