Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Was it something I said?

Over the past few months (Mid January and this week), I've had the opportunity to go to some professional classes for my career. The first was a CISSP boot camp, the second was a formal ISSO class. I attended the CISSP class with my coworker Brian, and the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) class with a coworker named Carlo. Now... I think I'm at least amusing to be around, but perhaps being around me in a classroom setting is too much over a period of time for most people to take. It has certainly seemed to take its toll on these guys.














Apparently sitting next to me for an entire week has caused Brian to lose control of some basic motor functions. He remained this way for most of the class. As if a difficult class for 8 hours, with a 1.5 hour break for dinner, followed by 2 more hours of evening review for an entire week were not bad enough, he was forced to endure my company. Poor guy. Then we have Carlo. Who managed to get a seat a row away from me. Which saved his basic motor functions, but apparently he's had juuuust about enough of my company.

Is it me? Is there something about me that continued forced close contact causes some kind of synaptic shock? I think I showered every day, and I'm ~mostly~ sure I had deodorant on too. Perhaps an extended period of time being made to listen to horrific puns, bad jokes, and all around bitterness is just too much to bear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home