Saturday, April 15, 2006

I will survive

I should put this for the first section:
***SPOILER ALERT***
If you watch Survivor and have not seen the 4/13 Episode, skip the first paragraph.
***END ALERT***

Ok maybe not me, but Terry (the fighter pilot on Survivor). He won immunity again, third time in a row. He's a machine, it's awesome to watch. The more he wins the more bitter and petty the remaining cocky tribe mates become. And Jeff Probst (the host).... man he really stuck it to them at tribal council... he basically said "So it's not that he's cocky, but that you're sad about losing to him all the time, because you're competitve too?". Totally called Danielle out. But they're now down to no one else to vote out, so next week they'll start cannabalizing themselves. Should make for a good show. Have I mentioned how much I love TiVo? I liked it so much I had to get a second one. I hadn't realized how much it had changed the way I watch tv, and not just tv. TiVo has changed the way I think about the things I see on screens. While watching a movie last weekend "V is for Vendetta" (highly recommended by me AND the wife) there were several scenes where I felt myself reaching for the remote to "go back" and hear what had been said, or to see some of the items in the background. Only to find myself empty handed and amused that I thought I could rewind the big screen. Between that and rapid commercial skipping I don't think I can ever go back to watching normal tv.

I could probably survive without XM radio, but on long trips when the same old CDs just get that much older... the comedy channel (XM 150) has been a life saver. It was much welcome on the trip to the beach last year (see Xanadu link on right) and we brought the roady2 with us as well and set that up in the house. Everyone from my parents to my brothers kids could find music they enjoyed. Definitely coming along this time.

But back to the post... I wound up watching Survivor today, because I was playing with video software on Thursady. It ain't much, but here's one of the results:



[Edit]
Ok for some reason the embedded player isn't running... I'll have to ask James...
Click here for the video.
[/Edit]

[Edit 2]
Somehow the url string got chopped when I copied it. So nevermind...
[/Edit 2]

Take it easy on me, that's my first official homemade video with soundtrack. The source footage was taken the day before Boris (that's the big one) lost his left foreleg to osteosarcoma. He still gets around pretty well for a tripod. I'm still amazed at how well he gets around the yard, the park, the stairs, in and out of the car, not to mention roughhousing with Roxie (the little black dog in the video). He's managed to find a way to rear up on his hind legs in order to take a swipe are her as she's charging him.


I will be working on other videos and posting them (once google decides that dogs wrestling isn't pr0n....)

2 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger JamesF said...

Yea, some of the dialog in V went by a bit too quick for me. I plan on getting the trade paperback at some point. Also, I meant to mention this yesterday, your Xanadu link is broken (has double http's).

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said...

If you get the paperback, I may want to read that, if I can borrow it. I'll fix da link, thnx.
The Dogfather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home