Monday, April 17, 2006

Speaking of drinks


I have found something that I like as much as Bailey's Irish Cream on the rocks. In fact it's very similar, but different. White Chocolate. Delicious. This makes a fine addition to quite a few beverages such as lattes, coffee, tea, and of course the ever popular hot cocoa. Indeed, it can even be had on the rocks. I was surprised to learn it's actually considered a flavored wine, but that hasn't stopped me from acquiring several bottles. (the one pictured is empty already...) The only place I've been able to find it thus far has been World Market. The wife also prefers this special adult beverage, for her it's a latte addition. (Maybe that's why she's so happy when she comes to visit for lunch!) I think the only thing I like to drink more than either of these, is mead. My particular brand and variety would be from the Lurgashall Winery in UK, where they concoct the most delectable Christmas Mead. A most exquisite tour on the taste buds, that your tongue can revel in its honey laden goodness. I can almost taste my next glass now. If you prefer something a bit drier, then you could sample their English Mead (all the honey flavor but not so sweet). A good mead, but not my bag, baby!

For those not into the adult beverages.... I bring you a tasty alternative, in the form of a flavored, carbonated, and canned beverage. Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke. (big picture) While not a HUGE fan of the Diet Vanilla Coke (I prefer the Pepsi version) the addition of the black cherry makes it a success. Although I'm still a bit skeptical about the new Diet Dr. Pepper Berries & Cream (picture Dr. Pepper mixed with raspberry vanilla). It tastes pretty good, but I don't think it will be able to hold enough market share to maintain production. Such is life.

Until later, Happy Imbibing!

1 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Scott said...

My favorite beverage is a Mayan anisset called Xtabentun. It's like a cross between Jagermeister and meade. Very smooth, very delicious as a cordial.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home