Thursday, September 18, 2008

Know when to hold 'em

So for a couple weeks in a row now, I've gone to a free to play poker night out at a place called Mackey's in Manassas. It's hosted by a group called Stars-n-Bars Poker. Basically it's a night of Texas Hold 'em poker with no entry fee, no drink minimum (yet), but the food is tasty there and they have a bunch of choices of beer on tap.

My coworker Nate convinced me to come out and play, and he was right I had a lot of fun there. Placed 4th and 5th in the local tournaments (out of like 14-16 people I think) so not bad. Not good. Definitely not Vegas good, but I've learned a bunch and had a good time. Maybe one of these nights I'll settle in and make it to 1st or 2nd.

I may also head out to the one in Warrenton next week (assuming I can find the place on time!) to play near some other folks we know. Come on out, you might even hear me say...ALL IN! (followed by me saying "He had what?! Dang it!" and walking away from the table with no chips.)

1 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger bahnsidthe said...

Watch out for the dreaded flush :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home